Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Dream Realized

The post about following your dream on http://www.mycup2yours.com/ inspired me to share how we followed our dream.

Our Story …
Our family dream started simply enough. A desire to grow wine grapes and embrace a more agrarian lifestyle. We left the hectic pace of city life in search of property where we could work the land. Flying from Orange County to San Francisco, my husband showed me a magazine article describing an everyday family who did just that - left the Big City, planted their own vineyard and started a winery.

Once this seed was planted, we started looking for an opportunity to pursue our dream of living on some land. My brother, heard about the idea of "living on some land" and decided to leave his big city home and join our adventure. A partnership was born, and upon relocating to our property, my brother found work as a vineyard manager for various area vineyards as well as taking care of our own vineyard. We have been striving ever since for the ultimate blend of farming, science and art, the essence of wine making. We are pursuing that perfect glass of red wine while enjoying the beautiful sunsets.

God sure has had an amazing way of shaping our lives. We thought we were moving to start a vineyard, but we have been blessed by a fantastic church home, wonderful schools, great jobs and a satisfying fulfilling life in the country.

3 comments:

Genny said...

I love how you followed your dream! And thanks for linking to me on your blog! Ironically, the middle-grade novel I'm writing is set on a family vineyard! I loved reading your post. Nice to "meet" you!
genny

Genny said...

This is so great! Good for you!

Storytellin' Mama said...

You're my hero. Living your dream, so awesome!