Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Sister Cousins

I consider myself very blessed to have two wonderful sisters. We have so much fun together. We love shopping, staying up late, doing creative projects and just being together.

Recently my sisters came to town, both living far away and they arrived with their daughters in tow. We were all blessed to have a daughter, however none of our daughters have a sister.

As I prepared for my sisters arrival a pang of sadness washed over me for my girl. She will not have this experience (sisters coming to town) as she only has her one brother.

My sisters were on the same wavelength when they arrived they announced - "we have decided that the girls need to be sister cousins instead of just cousins." My funny sisters would say to one of the girls "go ask your sister" every chance they got. The girls were such good sports, they tolerated us with very few eye rolls. They genuinely love being together.

My sisters are a bit older. As I watched my nieces playing with their much younger cousin it was like looking back through a window in time. The age difference between myself and my sisters is so similar to our girls.

My Love's ideal family would be two girls and two boys - so each child would have a sister and a brother. Being a working mom I just couldn't rally for any more after two. So thank goodness my daughter has sister cousins.



Sisters - two in college and one in grade school many years ago.


Cousins Sister Cousins- two in college and one in grade school current day.

4 comments:

Chel's Leaving a Legacy said...

Thanks for stopping by to say hello, Elle.

What a sweet set of pictures you posted. Sister cousins...what a beautiful concept!

I am an only child, and so is my best friend from when we were toddlers. So we have called each other sisters all our lives. We really don't know any different, and we find the same fulfillment I think your daughters will find.

Storytellin' Mama said...

Great the "sisterly" connection can continue into the next generation!!

Love the photos!!

Genny said...

What a sweet post! I have two sisters two and consider myself lucky!

tiarastantrums said...

oh, I LOVE this story!
I never had any sisters and I wanted one so badly.
When we had one girl, I told my husband we HAVE to have another baby and it HAS to be a girl so our duaghter would always ALWAYS have a friend for life!!