Friday, May 16, 2008

"Don't Mess with the Black Belt!"


Those were the words of my husband this morning as I was needling him about his wardrobe. Tuesday night, after three years of Karate training he tested for his black belt. He arrived home from class proudly wearing his brand new belt. Quite an accomplishment, and I am so proud of him. He started to take classes when our kids were both enrolled. Both kids eventually lost interest and stopped their training as red belts. My man continued on, and often commented that training was hard on his 40+ year old body . This training came with some injuries along the way, but he made it. I am happy for him, even if it comes with a little attitude.

2 comments:

Storytellin' Mama said...

Congratulations to your husband! What a stud!

Anonymous said...

way to go