Being a full time working mom in the school system, I am so excited when summer is here. I love lists and getting things done (goal oriented). My kids and I love swimming and love days at the beach as well. I also always have many cleaning out projects and catch up projects planned for summer.
Yesterday, was my first official day of summer. I didn't even look at the list. The kids were out of school midweek, and my last day was Friday. It was a glorious day. A friend who I swap childcare with dropped her kids off in the morning and I greeted her in my robe, which I stayed in until noon. The kids were great and they played well all day. We ran a few errands and ended our day at my friend's pool.
Today my daughter and I will tackle her bedroom. We are planning on taking everything out of the bedroom and then slowly going through and weeding out what we don't need and organize.
Did I mention I love Summer.
My favorite things about summer include:
- Lots of unscheduled time.
- Not having to be anywhere in the morning.
- Realizing I am not a domestic failure. ( my house looks really good most days in the summer)
- Beach days
- Pool days
- Pajama days
- Organizing days
- Photo album catch up days
- Road trips with my kids
- Creative projects (sometimes painting)
- No Homework
- Concerts and outdoor movies at the local park
- Long days and late sunsets
- Summer wardrobe .. sandals, shorts, dresses
As Nat King Cole sings ... roll out those lazy- hazy- crazy days of summer.